Turkey Sausage Patties
This homemade sausage is best when made in advance, giving it more time to develop flavor. The patties can also be cooked in advance and refrigerated or frozen. Simply reheat them in the microwave when ready to serve.
More From Oxmoor House
- 6 bacon slices, frozen and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (white and dark meat)
- Process first 8 ingredients in a food processor until finely minced. Add ground turkey; blend by hand until mixture begins to form a ball. (This will keep the turkey from becoming too finely ground.) Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Shape sausage into 20 (3 x 1/4") patties. Cook in several batches in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 160°. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note