Turkey Sausage Lasagna
Lasagna is love on a plate. The homemade sauce, the layering of noodles with cheese . . . it's pretty much perfection. So how do you pull it off on a weeknight? No-boil noodles. You can make the lasagna in the morning, cover and refrigerate it, and then bake it just before dinnertime. Serve it with a crunchy romaine salad and garlic bread, and your kids might think you're the best cook ever.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 21 Minutes
- Calories: 339
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 24.2g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 765mg
- Calcium: 248mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound mild turkey Italian sausage
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 cups), divided
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (16-ounce) container 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3. While sauce simmers, combine 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, and eggs.
- 4. Spoon 1/2 cup meat sauce into a 13 x 9inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place 4 noodles over sauce. Spread half of cheese mixture over noodles; top with 2 cups sauce. Repeat procedure with 4 noodles, remaining half of cheese mixture, and 2 cups sauce. Top with remaining 4 noodles; spread remaining sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 5. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly and noodles are tender. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes