- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound mild turkey Italian sausage
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 cups), divided
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (16-ounce) container 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- calories 339
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 14.7 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 3.9 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 24.2 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 87 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 765 mg
- calcium 248 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
While sauce simmers, combine 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, and eggs.
Spoon 1/2 cup meat sauce into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place 4 noodles over sauce. Spread half of cheese mixture over noodles; top with 2 cups sauce. Repeat procedure with 4 noodles, remaining half of cheese mixture, and 2 cups sauce. Top with remaining 4 noodles; spread remaining sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly and noodles are tender. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.