This was a great recipe for a quick meal. I had a little more time so I added minced onion and garlic to the sausage while browning. Then I added beef stock and chicken stock (no water), the tomatoes and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Then I added the gnocchi and let cook until the gnocchi rose to the surface. I then added fresh oregano and spinach and let the spinach wilt. Served with French bread and grated Parmesan. Excellent!
Turkey Sausage-Gnocchi Soup
Gnocchi are small, quick-cooking dumplings usually made from potatoes. Look for shelf-stable vacuum-packed packages of gnocchi with the dried pasta in your local supermarket. Serve this hearty main-dish soup with a crisp green salad.
Prep: 1 minute; Cook: 14 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 182
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Carbohydrate: 25.1g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 809mg
- Calcium: 134mg
- 1 (4.5-ounce) link hot turkey Italian sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Bellino or Vigo)
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble.
- 2. Add 2 cups water and next 3 ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until gnocchi float to the top of pan. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle each serving evenly with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This