Turkey Sausage, Fennel, And Leek Pizza
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Carbohydrate: 40.3g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 792mg
- Calcium: 318mg
- 1/2 pound sweet or hot Italian turkey sausage (about 2 links)
- 1 3/4 cups very thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 large bulb)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced lengthwise leeks (about 2 medium leeks)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) Italian bread shell (such as Boboli)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fennel leaves (optional)
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Cook fennel and leek in hot oil, stirring constantly in skillet over medium heat 8 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned.
- Place bread shell on an ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread pizza sauce evenly over crust. Top with cooked vegetables, sausage, onion slices, and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped fennel leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note