- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 5 tablespoons soft blue cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 crusty sandwich rolls, such as ciabatta, sliced in half and toasted
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce (any kind)
- 8 slices cooked turkey breast (about 1/4 in. thick)
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- calories 524
- caloriesfromfat 52 %
- protein 33 g
- fat 30 g
- satfat 5.3 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 998 mg
- cholesterol 91 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots and salt, stir, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are soft and browned, about 15 minutes (if shallots appear to be browning too quickly, reduce heat to low). Taste shallots and add more salt if necessary.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together blue cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
Spread top half of each roll with cranberry sauce. Generously spread bottom halves with blue-cheese mayonnaise and layer with turkey slices (at least 2 per sandwich), lettuce, shallots, and the top bread halves.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.