Turkey Sandwiches with Roasted Romas, Fresh Mozzarella, and Arugula-Walnut Pesto
More From Sunset
- Calories: 623
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 1107mg
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- 6 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Arugula-Walnut Pesto
- 8 slices olive bread, lightly toasted
- 8 slices cooked turkey (white meat)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- About 12 fresh arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Set tomato halves cut side up in an oiled baking pan and spread about 1/2 tsp. pesto over each. Bake until tomato halves are browned on top and slightly shriveled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 2. Spread pesto generously over 4 slices of bread. Top with turkey, hot tomatoes, mozzarella, arugula leaves, and remaining slices of bread. Serve with remaining pesto if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
You can make the pesto up to 2 days ahead of time; chill airtight, then bring to room temperature before using. Any leftover pesto could be layered with goat cheese on crostini, tossed with pasta, or served with roast chicken or broiled fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine