Turkey Sandwich with Red Pepper-Pine Nut Pesto and Caramelized Onions
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) pine nuts toasted
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 clove(s) garlic halved
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers drained
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) onion vertically sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf ciabatta
- 12 (1-ounce) slices cooked turkey breast
- 2 (1-ounce) slices fontina cheese
- 2 cup(s) trimmed watercress
- Place first 6 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sugar; cook 8 minutes or until onion is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Cut bread loaf in half horizontally; spread pepper mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Layer turkey, fontina cheese, onion, and watercress over bottom half of loaf; top with remaining loaf half. Cut loaf into 4 pieces.
- Serve immediately.
- Calories 416 (25% from fat); Fat 11.5g (sat 4.4g, mono 4.5g, poly 1.6g; Protein 37.5g; Carb 39.9g; Fiber 3.6g; Chol 90mg; Iron 3.4mg; Sodium 572mg; Calc 217mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 8stringfan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey Sandwich with Red Pepper-Pine Nut Pesto and Caramelized Onions Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches