Turkey Roulade with Cranberries and Chipotle
You can prepare the cranberry filling a day or two ahead and refrigerate.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 sliced filled tenderloin)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 152
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 357mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 2/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 4 (8-ounce) turkey tenderloins
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Oregano sprigs (optional)
- To prepare filling, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add cranberries and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; cook 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare turkey, combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin, and chile powder in a small bowl. Slice tenderloins lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Open halves, laying tenderloins flat. Slice each half lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; open flat. Place plastic wrap over tenderloins; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle tenderloins evenly with spice mixture. Spread 1/3 cup filling over each tenderloin. Roll up tenderloins jelly-roll fashion, starting with long sides. Secure at 2-inch intervals with twine. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper over tenderloins.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tenderloins to pan; cook 3 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Transfer pan to oven. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Remove twine from tenderloins; slice crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey Roulade with Cranberries and Chipotle Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes