This was great, I couldn't find a low ingredient recipe, anywhere, that involved ground turkey. The family was sick of the "same ol', same ol'", so I had to spice it up, a bit. I found this recipe and added my own twist to it. I took 8 oz of Vigo Black Beans and Rice, (cooked for 25 mins.), then began cooking the lean ground turkey. I added the cooked rice, can of diced tomato's, can of corn, a generous amount of cajun seasoning, and a dash of basil seasoning. And we have left overs for tomorrow (which I'm looking forward to). It was delicious! Hope this helps someone "spice it up"!
Turkey and Rice With Veggies
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Ana Kelly
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8.8-oz.) pouch ready-to-serve garden vegetable rice
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, drained
- 1. Cook 1 (8.8-oz.) pouch ready-to-serve garden vegetable rice according to package directions. Stir together cooked rice; 1 lb. lean ground turkey, cooked; and 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, drained.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Uncle Ben's Garden Vegetable Ready Rice With Peas, Carrots, and Corn.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This