soooo good!! love these!
Turkey Reuben Sandwiches
Smoked turkey stands in for corned beef in this lightened variation of a deli favorite. Serve with a pickle wedge and chips.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 255
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 19.6g
- Carbohydrate: 18.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 865mg
- Calcium: 311mg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 (1-ounce) slices reduced-fat, reduced-sodium Swiss cheese (such as Alpine Lace)
- 8 ounces smoked turkey, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fat-free Thousand Island dressing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- Spread about 3/4 teaspoon mustard over each bread slice. Place 1 cheese slice on each of 4 bread slices. Divide turkey evenly over cheese. Top each serving with 2 1/2 tablespoons sauerkraut and 1 tablespoon dressing. Top each serving with 1 bread slice, mustard sides down.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 sandwiches to pan; top with another heavy skillet. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden; remove sandwiches from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and sandwiches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches