Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground turkey meat (at room temp) light/dark or all dark
- 2 can(s) whole tomatoes 15 oz each
- 2 can(s) chopped tomatoes
- 1 whole(s) carrot peeled, diced
- 2 whole(s) medium yellow onions peeled, diced
- 2 sprig(s) rosemary
- 1 teaspoon(s) fennel seeds smashed
- 1 cup(s) red wine
- 1 pinch(s) red pepper flakes
- 4 clove(s) garlic peeled, minced
- 1. Place a generous tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
- 2. Add carrots, onions, garlic and let cook until soft (about 10 minutes).
- 3. Add red pepper flakes and fennel seeds.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a frying pan over medium heat, add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil and the ground turkey and the rosemary. Brown the turkey meat. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- 5. Add the tomatoes and bring the sauce to a boil. Then add the red wine. Let it boil for a minute or two.
- 6. Turn the heat down to low and partially cover the saucepan. Let it cook slowly for 2.5 to 3 hours, stirring often.
- Serve over pasta with parmesan cheese on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey Ragu Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes