8 flour tortillas
4 oz. grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup cooked turkey sausage
4 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely diced pepper
4 scallions (2 inches of green left on), thinly sliced
2 Tbls. Finely chopped cilantro
Avocado Cream for garnish
1. Place 4 tortillas on a work surface and sprinkle each with 1 ounce of cheese, making sure it is distributed over the surface.
2. Scatter 1/4 cup shredded sausage over each tortilla and then sprinkle each evenly with mushrooms, red bell pepper, scallions and chopped cilantro.
3. Divide remaining cheese among the 4 tortillas, covering each with remaining cheese. Top each with 1 remaining tortilla, creating a sandwich. Press down on ingredients with the palm of your hand.
4. Heat a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat until very hot. Using a large spatula, place a quesadilla in the skillet. Pressing down with the spatula, cook until cheese melts and tortilla browns slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet. Repeat process with remaining quesadillas. Serve with Avocado Cream.
1 ripe avocado
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
Salt, to taste
1. Place avocado, limejuice and yogurt in bowl and blend together until smooth. Season to taste with salt, then serve with quesadillas.
Go to full version of