This is fabulous!!! I had originally made this when the recipe came out in Southern Living then I lost it and couldn't find it again. Made it last night with chicken instead of turkey and it was just awesome. The cranberry pecan crusts really add a nice contrast, and when cut into leaf shapes w/ cookie cutters it is a really pretty presentation.
Turkey Pot Pie with Cranberry-Pecan Crusts
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large sweet onions, diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (12-ounce) turkey tenderloins, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- Cranberry-Pecan Crusts
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions, and sauté 15 minutes or until caramel colored. Place onions in a bowl, and set aside.
- Combine all-purpose flour, salt, and pepper; dredge turkey tenderloins in flour mixture.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter with oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add turkey tenderloins, and brown on all sides. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in onions. Add spinach, stirring just until wilted. Pour turkey mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and arrange desired amount of Cranberry-Pecan Crusts over pie before serving. Serve with any remaining Cranberry-Pecan Crusts on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This