Turkey Pot Pie
Community Recipe from
- 1 9 inch unbaked frozen pie crust
- 2 tablespoon(s) Soft margarine
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cube(s) Chicken bouillon
- 1 cup(s) Hot water
- 1 cup(s) Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground thyme
- 2 cup(s) chicken breasts Cooked and cubed
- 2 cup(s) Frozen baby carrots
- 1 cup(s) Frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a 10 inch glass pie plate or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Defrost pie crust at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat; remove from heat. Add flour and stir until blended. Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water; whisk into pan along with milk and thyme. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in turkey, carrots, peas and pepper to taste; spoon into pie plate.
- Gently fold pie crust in half and transfer to top of filling, unfolding to cover. Cut small vent hole in centre of pie crust.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 359F and continue baking for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Biscuit topping variation
- Try this biscuit topping instead of pie crust: in bowl, combine 1-1/3 cups all purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Cut in 3 tbsp of soft margarine until mixture resembles small pebbles. Add 1/2 milk all at once; stirring quickly with a fork until mixture holds together. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead 10 times. Flatten dough into a round disk about 2 inches thick. Place on top of filling. There should be about 1 inch between the edge of the topping and the side of the dish. Bake at 400F for 20 to 30 minutes until filling is bubbling and topping is golden.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kitkatqt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note