Fantastic recipe. I used a Boboli crust, made the sauce as stated (very good) and used fresh mozzarella and gouda cheeses. The turkey flavor was not overbearing. Loved it and so did my husband.
Photo: Karry Hosford
Provolone and mozzarella are traditional pizza cheeses, but you can use any combination of your favorites.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 275
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 21.5g
- Carbohydrate: 28.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 641mg
- Calcium: 172mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped skinned cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley and basil. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
- Roll dough into a 10-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a (12-inch) pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
- Spread tomato mixture over crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with turkey; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note