- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped skinned cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 275
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 8.3 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- monofat 2.8 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 21.5 g
- carbohydrate 28.8 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 49 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 641 mg
- calcium 172 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley and basil. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
Roll dough into a 10-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a (12-inch) pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
Spread tomato mixture over crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with turkey; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden.