Very tasty - the tahini sauce is excellent. I served these in whole wheat wraps instead of pitas - easier to fit everything in and hold it together!
Turkey Pitas with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 341
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 487mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 (4-ounce) turkey cutlets
- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Combine cumin, paprika, salt, and turmeric in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly over turkey. Add turkey to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove turkey from pan.
- 2. Cut off top third of each pita; reserve for another use. Add pitas to pan; grill 30 seconds on each side or until marked. Cut turkey into slices. Divide turkey, cucumber, and bell pepper evenly among pitas.
- 3. Combine tahini and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve tahini mixture with sandwiches.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note