These were awesome. So simple, but so good. The whole time I was preparing them, I kept thinking "now, why didn't I think of that?"
Turkey Philly Sandwiches
Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
You can also add sliced mushrooms to the pan with the onion and bell pepper. Serve with dill pickles and chips.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 380
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 40.6g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 1042mg
- Calcium: 277mg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 4 (2-ounce) sandwich rolls
- 4 (1-ounce) slices low-sodium mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in black pepper.
- Divide onion mixture and turkey evenly among bottom halves of rolls; top each serving with 1 cheese slice. Cover with top halves of rolls.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note