- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 32 slices turkey pepperoni, cut in half
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Ranch-style dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 whole wheat pita bread rounds, cut in half
- calories 279
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- protein 14.3 g
- carbohydrate 42.4 g
- fiber 6.2 g
- cholesterol 31 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 841 mg
- calcium 109 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in feta cheese.
Wrap pita halves in damp paper towels, and microwave at HIGH 20 seconds. Spoon about 3/4 cup lettuce mixture into each pita half.
For a slightly heartier sandwich with even more fiber, omit the zucchini and add one 9-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained.