Excellent sandwich, super-quick prep, very tasty mayo. Served with mini-dill pickles & corn on the cob. Great summer meal.
Turkey Panini with Watercress and Citrus Aioli
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
Take your average turkey sandwich to the next level with a citrusy spread and a few minutes on the panini press.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 304
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 810mg
- Calcium: 210mg
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced smoked turkey (such as Boar's Head)
- 2 cups trimmed watercress
- 4 (1/2-ounce) slices provolone cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients; spread evenly over 4 bread slices. Top evenly with turkey, watercress, cheese, and remaining 4 bread slices.
- 3. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Arrange 2 sandwiches in pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Cook 2 minutes on each side (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook). Repeat procedure with remaining 2 sandwiches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches