Turkey or Chicken Fajitas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Fajita Marinade
- 1/4 cup beer (not lite beer)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Makes enough for 1 to 1-1/2 pounds of chicken (4 servings)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour marinade over chicken in shallow glass, plastic or other non-reactive container (a 1-gallon plastic zip-top bag works well). Refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours
- The following is for the vegetables only:
- *2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- *2 medium red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and sliced thin
- *1 large red onion, halved and sliced thin
- *1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- Heat the skillet to medium-high heat and add the bell peppers, onion, cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom of the skillet to release any browned bits, until the onion is very soft and browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes and lightly toast each tortilla in the pan for 10 to 15 seconds per side. Stack the toasted tortillas in a clean towel and wrap to keep warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lfarah and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note