More From Oxmoor House
Chill: 8 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 20.4g
- Carbohydrate: 17.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 665mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 5 (1.4-ounce) sourdough rolls
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion (about 1/3 small onion)
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Cut sourdough rolls into 1-inch cubes; layer evenly in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage, and cook until sausage is browned, stirring until it crumbles; drain if necessary. Layer sausage and cheese over bread cubes.
- Add mushrooms and onion to skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until tender. Layer over cheese in baking dish; set aside.
- Combine milk and remaining 4 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Pour over bread-mushroom mixture in baking dish. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note