I used ground turkey instead of turkey sausage. I also used half ricotta, half cottage cheese. I also used Italian Seasoning instead of just parsley flakes! Super easy and super yummy:)
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 pound ground Italian-style turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 (26-oz.) jar basil-and-tomato pasta sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) can mushroom slices, drained
- 1 (32-oz.) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook turkey sausage in a large, lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Drain turkey, and return to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce and mushrooms; set aside.
- 2. Stir together ricotta cheese and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- 3. Arrange 5 uncooked lasagna noodles in a single layer in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; layer evenly with half of the turkey mixture, half of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 375° for 55 minutes; uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until lasagna is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Barilla Tomato & Basil Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note