- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) leftover dinner rolls, torn into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups Turkey Stock, divided
- 2/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey (light and dark meat)
- 1 cup leftover peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 303
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 9.7 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 4.3 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 29.1 g
- carbohydrate 24.5 g
- fiber 3.3 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 634 mg
- calcium 170 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and bread in a small food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/2 cups.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and celery to pan; cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until brown, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup Turkey Stock to pan. Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended. Add milk mixture to pan, stirring constantly. Gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups Turkey Stock and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook 8 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, chopped cooked turkey, peas, chopped fresh thyme, and freshly ground black pepper; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Spoon the turkey mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over top of turkey mixture. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until filling is bubbly.