- 1 (8 1/4-ounce to 9 1/4-ounce) can mole sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 (1-ounce) unsweetened dark chocolate baking squares
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked turkey, shredded (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toppings: 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional); shredded lettuce; chopped tomato; sour cream
- Garnishes: lime wedges, cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Stir together mole and enchilada sauces in a medium saucepan, and add chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in peanut butter and chocolate until melted and smooth. Stir in turkey and salt; cook until thoroughly heated.
Note: Turkey Mole may also be spooned into taco shells or rolled into tortillas. Canned mole sauce may be found in the Mexican foods section of large supermarkets.