This is THE BEST meat loaf recipe I've ever tried. My kids loved it! and make me do it again the next day! Thanks for sharing!
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 356mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 1 3/4 pounds ground turkey, 97% lean
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, broth, and 1 tablespoon ketchup; transfer mixture to a large bowl, and cool.
- 2. Add turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, egg white, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to mixture in bowl, and mix well. (Mixture will be very moist.)
- 3. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat lightly with cooking spray. Form the turkey mixture into a loaf, and place on the pan. Brush meatloaf evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup. Bake 1 hour or until thermometer inserted into center registers 170°. Let meatloaf stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Andrea's wine pick: A smooth, plump-fruited California Merlot will stand up to the homey meatiness and richness of meatloaf. Try HRM Rex Goliath Merlot ($8.99)--you can call it "Rex" for short.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes