A BIG disappointment. Not much flavor to the meatballs or the sauce. Would not bother with this recipe again and will instead find something with more interesting flavors.
These versatile meatballs have so many serving possibilities. Dunk the meatballs into extra tomato sauce with a toothpick for an easy appetizer, stuff into a hoagie roll and top with cheese for a hearty sandwich, or top on spaghetti noodles for a quick weeknight dinner.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 397
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 151mg
- Sodium: 578mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 28-oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 pounds turkey sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups plain dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Warm olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add half of garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring, about 30 seconds. Scrape into slow cooker and stir in tomatoes, 3/4 tsp. salt and oregano.
- Combine turkey, sausage, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, parsley, remaining garlic and 1 tsp. salt in a large mixing bowl. Blend ingredients with your hands. Form into 2-inch balls and place in slow cooker. Spoon tomatoes over meatballs to cover.
- Cover and cook on low until cooked through, 4 to 5 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note