- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 28-oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 pounds turkey sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups plain dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- calories 397
- fat 18 g
- satfat 6 g
- protein 32 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 151 mg
- sodium 578 mg
How to Make It
Warm olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add half of garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring, about 30 seconds. Scrape into slow cooker and stir in tomatoes, 3/4 tsp. salt and oregano.
Combine turkey, sausage, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, parsley, remaining garlic and 1 tsp. salt in a large mixing bowl. Blend ingredients with your hands. Form into 2-inch balls and place in slow cooker. Spoon tomatoes over meatballs to cover.
Cover and cook on low until cooked through, 4 to 5 hours.