Turkey Meatball Subs with Marinara Sauce
Get your hands around this Italian-style hoagie. Seasonings and sauce spice up the flavor of ground turkey.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 24.7g
- Carbohydrate: 33.3g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 652mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Calcium: 241mg
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free marinara sauce (such as Colavita)
- 6 (2-ounce) lite wheat hot dog buns
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Roll into 18 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Dredge meatballs in breadcrumbs. Arrange meatballs on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Coat meatballs with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done.
- Pour marinara sauce into a 2-cup glass measure. Cover and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Place 3 meatballs on each bun. Spoon 1/4 cup marinara sauce over each sandwich; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Place sandwiches on same jelly roll pan. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches