- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free marinara sauce (such as Colavita)
- 6 (2-ounce) lite wheat hot dog buns
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 316
- fat 11.2 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- protein 24.7 g
- carbohydrate 33.3 g
- cholesterol 105 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 652 mg
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fiber 6.9 g
- calcium 241 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Roll into 18 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Dredge meatballs in breadcrumbs. Arrange meatballs on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Coat meatballs with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done.
Pour marinara sauce into a 2-cup glass measure. Cover and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Place 3 meatballs on each bun. Spoon 1/4 cup marinara sauce over each sandwich; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Place sandwiches on same jelly roll pan. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.