Turkey Meatball Subs
Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) Lean ground turkey
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup(s) dry italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low-fat marinara pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 2% mozarella cheese
- 6 whole wheat dog buns
- 1) Preheat oven broiler
- 2) In a large mixig bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, breadcrumbs, water, onion, garlic, parsley, basil and black pepper. Mix ingredients throughly and then shape into 1 1/2 inch diameter meatballs.
- 3) Arrange meatbllas on a baking sheet and place under broiler for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until they are browned on all sides.
- 4) In a large saucepan, combine pasta sauce and meatballs. Simmer over low heat until warmed throughly, about 20 minutes.
- 5) White the pasta sauce is simmering, prepare toast the hotdog buns.
- 6) Place a portion of meatballs and sauce on each bun, then top with cheese. Heat in broiler until cheese melts and it slightly browned.
- Number of Servings: 6
- Nutritional Info
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 368.8
- Total Fat: 13.0 g
- Cholesterol: 79.0 mg
- Sodium: 790.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 34.9 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Hether and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note