Turkey Meatball Subs
Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) Lean ground turkey
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup(s) dry italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low-fat marinara pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 2% mozarella cheese
- 6 whole wheat dog buns
- 1) Preheat oven broiler
- 2) In a large mixig bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, breadcrumbs, water, onion, garlic, parsley, basil and black pepper. Mix ingredients throughly and then shape into 1 1/2 inch diameter meatballs.
- 3) Arrange meatbllas on a baking sheet and place under broiler for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until they are browned on all sides.
- 4) In a large saucepan, combine pasta sauce and meatballs. Simmer over low heat until warmed throughly, about 20 minutes.
- 5) White the pasta sauce is simmering, prepare toast the hotdog buns.
- 6) Place a portion of meatballs and sauce on each bun, then top with cheese. Heat in broiler until cheese melts and it slightly browned.
- Number of Servings: 6
- Nutritional Info
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 368.8
- Total Fat: 13.0 g
- Cholesterol: 79.0 mg
- Sodium: 790.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 34.9 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Hether and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes