I used this recipe on Christmas Eve 2013 and everyone loved them! I used 1 pound of Turkey Italian Sausage links and 1 pound of ground turkey. I took off the sausage casings and mixed it all together. I also added some onion powder and black pepper to the mixture. These were a BIG hit on Christmas Eve!
Turkey Meatball Subs
More From Allyou
Chill: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 718
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Protein: 48g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Sodium: 407mg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 24-oz. jar marinara sauce
- 8 crusty sub-style rolls
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces sliced provolone
- Whisk eggs with 3 Tbsp. water. Stir in bread crumbs; let stand 5 minutes. Add Parmesan, parsley, garlic and turkey; mix gently until well combined. Moisten hands and roll mixture into 24 1 1/2-inch balls. Transfer to a dish large enough to accommodate all meatballs. Refrigerate meatballs for 30 minutes.
- Pour marinara into a wide, deep pot with a lid and warm over medium-high heat. Add meatballs (sauce will not completely cover meatballs), cover and cook 10 minutes. Uncover and turn meatballs. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer, until meatballs are no longer pink inside (cut one to test).
- Preheat broiler to high. Cut rolls lengthwise and drizzle inside of each with 1 tsp. olive oil. Divide cheese among rolls and place on baking sheet. Broil until cheese is melted and bread is lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place three meatballs on each roll and spoon sauce over. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches