Great and everyone loved it. It now replaces my other turkey meatloaf.
Turkey Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes
Spinach, whole-wheat bread crumbs, and lean turkey boost the fiber and reduce the fat in this hearty classic. Buttermilk in the potatoes lowers the saturated fat.
More From Real Simple
Other: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 376
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Sodium: 700mg
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 7g
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, thick stems removed and leaves chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg white
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a bowl, combine the turkey, onion, spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, mustard, egg white, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and form it into a 10-inch loaf. Spread with the ketchup. Bake until cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water. Simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain the potatoes and mash in the pot with the buttermilk, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Serve the meat loaf with the marinara sauce (if using) and potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes