- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, thick stems removed and leaves chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg white
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce (optional)
- calories 376
- fat 11 g
- satfat 3 g
- cholesterol 67 mg
- sodium 700 mg
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 43 g
- fiber 5 g
- sugars 7 g
How to Make It
Heat oven to 400° F. In a bowl, combine the turkey, onion, spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, mustard, egg white, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and form it into a 10-inch loaf. Spread with the ketchup. Bake until cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water. Simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain the potatoes and mash in the pot with the buttermilk, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Serve the meat loaf with the marinara sauce (if using) and potatoes.