Turkey, Mashed Potato, and Jack Cheese Casserole
Notes: For mashed potatoes, use leftovers, purchased, frozen, or a mix.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 496
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 52g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 627mg
- Cholesterol: 184mg
- 3 cups scraps, bite-size pieces, or thin slices skinned cooked turkey
- 1 cup turkey gravy (or purchased)
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (see notes)
- 1 cup (1/4 lb.) shredded jack cheese (plain or with chilies)
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Butter a shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole. Cover bottom evenly with turkey. Drizzle 3/4 cup gravy (hot or cold, stirred to soften) over the meat. Stir potatoes to soften, mound onto turkey, and swirl to cover surface of meat. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup gravy over potatoes, then sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- 2. Bake in a 450° oven until turkey and potatoes are hot in the center (about 140°), 10 to 15 minutes. If desired, broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until cheese is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Season portions with salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes