Turkey Lime Soup
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 0.5 cup(s) onion diced
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrots chopped
- 2 stalk(s) broccoli chopped
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) coriander
- 2 limes rind & wedges
- 1 stick(s) cinnamon optional
- 1 pinch(s) black pepper
- 1 pinch(s) sea salt or to taste
- 8 cup(s) Chicken or Turkey Broth unsalted / low fat
- 6 cup(s) turkey cooked
- 8 ounce(s) penne pasta dry wheat or rice
- 1. Heat vegetable oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, broccoli stalk and let soften, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- 2. Toast the cumin and coriander in a small dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute, then grind in a spice mill or mortar. Add the ground spices to the pot, along with .5 tsp lime rind, pinch of shredded cinnamon, a pinch of pepper and sea salt.
- 3. Add the broth, broccoli flower and bring to a boil, then reduce to a brisk simmer. Add cooked Turkey chunks. Cook for 15 minutes, then taste for lime and spices and adjust. Keep hot, covered, over very low heat.
- 4. Add a pinch of salt, 200g of penne noodles (or other pasta noodles) in a litre of boiling water. cook al dente (about 12 mins but refer to package).
- Add to soup.
- 5. Ladle about 1 cup soup into each bowl, then flavour with a generous squeeze of lime juice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JodiCassidy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey Lime Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews