Turkey, Lentil and Greens Soup
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 quart(s) turkey broth
- 1 cup(s) lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 6 ounce(s) chopped kale or collard, mustard or turnip greens
- 3 cup(s) chopped turkey (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar, plus more as needed
- Chopped scallions or red onions for garnish
- 1. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, salt, pepper and cook until slightly softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add broth, lentils and greens; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and gently simmer 20 minutes, or until greens reach desired tenderness.
- 3. Stir in turkey and vinegar; heat thoroughly. Taste and add salt, pepper and vinegar, if desired. Serve with each bowl garnished with scallions or red onions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note