- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 pound freshly ground raw turkey breast
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup lite ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 4 cooked lasagna noodles (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- calories 457
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- fat 10.6 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 37.4 g
- carbohydrate 54.8 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 56 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 447 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey, onion, green pepper, and minced garlic; cook until turkey is lightly browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain turkey mixture, and pat dry with paper towels. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
Return turkey mixture to skillet. Add tomato and next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute in a small bowl, stirring well.
Coat 2 (7- x 5 1/4- x 1 1/2-inch) baking dishes with cooking spray. Cut each noodle in half crosswise. Place 2 cooked noodle halves lengthwise in a single layer in bottom of each dish. Top each with one-fourth of turkey mixture and one-fourth of ricotta cheese mixture. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese; repeat layers with remaining noodle halves, turkey mixture, ricotta cheese mixture, and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
To Freeze: Cover unbaked lasagna with heavy-duty aluminum foil, and label. Freeze up to 1 month. To Serve Two: Thaw 1 lasagna in refrigerator or microwave oven. Bake, uncovered, at 325 ° for 35 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.