Light. Easy. Delicious. Everyone loved it! It has all of the comfort of "comfort" food without being heavy or greasy.
Lighten up lasagna by using ground turkey instead of ground beef and reduced-fat cheeses. No-boil lasagna and jarred pasta sauce keep it simple.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 902mg
- Calcium: 481mg
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (26-ounce) bottle fat-free Italian pasta sauce (such as Healthy Choice)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook the turkey in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add water and pasta sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine 2 cups mozzarella, cottage cheese, and next 4 ingredients (cottage cheese through pepper) in a bowl.
- Spread 1 cup turkey mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles over turkey mixture; top with 1 1/2 cups turkey mixture. Spread half of cheese mixture over turkey mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the remaining turkey mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note