Light. Easy. Delicious. Everyone loved it! It has all of the comfort of "comfort" food without being heavy or greasy.
Lighten up lasagna by using ground turkey instead of ground beef and reduced-fat cheeses. No-boil lasagna and jarred pasta sauce keep it simple.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 902mg
- Calcium: 481mg
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (26-ounce) bottle fat-free Italian pasta sauce (such as Healthy Choice)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook the turkey in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add water and pasta sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine 2 cups mozzarella, cottage cheese, and next 4 ingredients (cottage cheese through pepper) in a bowl.
- Spread 1 cup turkey mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles over turkey mixture; top with 1 1/2 cups turkey mixture. Spread half of cheese mixture over turkey mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the remaining turkey mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This