Turkey and Hominy Chili
Don't forget to serve this tasty comfort food with warm corn bread.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 291
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 44.2g
- Carbohydrate: 16.9g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 667mg
- Calcium: 247mg
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (2 3/4-pound) turkey tenderloin
- 1 (15-ounce) can golden hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can seasoned diced tomatoes for chili, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat Colby-Jack cheese (about 1 cup) (optional)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained (optional)
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a 5-quart electric slow cooker.
- 2. Place turkey on top of vegetables in slow cooker. Add hominy and tomatoes to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 1/2 hours.
- 3. Remove turkey from slow cooker; cool 10 minutes. Skim solidified fat from surface; discard. Separate turkey into large chunks with 2 forks. Return turkey to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 4. Ladle chili into bowls. Top with cheese, green onions, and olives, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note