- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (2 3/4-pound) turkey tenderloin
- 1 (15-ounce) can golden hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can seasoned diced tomatoes for chili, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat Colby-Jack cheese (about 1 cup) (optional)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained (optional)
- calories 291
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 6.2 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 44.2 g
- carbohydrate 16.9 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- cholesterol 70 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 667 mg
- calcium 247 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients in a 5-quart electric slow cooker.
Place turkey on top of vegetables in slow cooker. Add hominy and tomatoes to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 1/2 hours.
Remove turkey from slow cooker; cool 10 minutes. Skim solidified fat from surface; discard. Separate turkey into large chunks with 2 forks. Return turkey to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Ladle chili into bowls. Top with cheese, green onions, and olives, if desired.