More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-oz.) package andouille sausage, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Brown andouille sausage over medium heat in a large Dutch oven; remove sausage, and drain on paper towels. Wipe Dutch oven clean with paper towels.
- 2. Stir together 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil and 3 Tbsp. flour in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, 20 to 25 minutes or until roux is caramel colored.
- 3. Stir in chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, and minced garlic; cook, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Gradually stir in 4 cups chicken broth, and bring mixture to a boil; add browned sausage, chopped turkey, and next 6 ingredients. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Serve gumbo with hot cooked rice.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Gourmet Collection Cajun Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews