Gravy from roast turkey drippings.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Fat
- 1 cup(s) Flour
- 8 cup(s) Liquids See below
- 4 teaspoon(s) Unsalted Butter
- Neck & Gibblets from Turkey
- 1 Medium Onion sliced
- 1 bunch(es) Fresh Herbs-Thyme, parsley rosemary, sage
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 8 cup(s) Chicken Broth or Water
- For Liquids
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, over medium-low heat. Add the neck, giblets, onion, and cook stirring occasionally until browned, about 15 minutes. Add the broth, herbs, and bay leaf; cover and simmer over medium-low heat, about 2 hours. (This can be done while your turkey roasts.) Discard the giblets or reserve for chopping and adding to the gravy.
- For Gravy
- Drain drippings into a fat separator or measuring cup set aside and let settle. Siphon out darker juices and measure remaining fat. Measure out equal parts flour to fat. Pour fat back into roasting pan and slowly add the flour stirring constantly over medium heat, about 4 minutes. Whisk in strained liquids and remaining juices. Continue to simmer and whisk occasionally until thickened. Season with salt & pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dkbsf4641 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note