This recipes was awesome! I used ground beef instead of turkey and it still turned out great.
"Every year we rent a villa in the mountains above Acapulo. My husband, 13-year-old son, our friends, and their families all stay together; there are 14 of us. I love the food. At first, I couldn't quite imagine pecans in an enchilada. But trust me, it tastes great." --CL Reader
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 376
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 27.8g
- Carbohydrate: 38.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 977mg
- Calcium: 320mg
- 2 teaspoons stick margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey breast (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and 2 tablespoons pecans; cook 3 minutes until onion is tender and pecans are toasted. Remove from heat.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk, salt, and cumin in a large bowl. Stir in onion mixture, turkey, and cilantro. Spread about 1/3 cup turkey mixture onto tortillas; roll up and place, seam sides down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups milk, sour cream, jalapeños, and soup in a bowl. Spoon soup mixture over tortillas. Cover with foil; bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with mozzarella and 1 tablespoon pecans. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note