Turkey Enchilada Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) + 2 tablespoons salsa con queso
- 1 can(s) black beans
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 package(s) JENNIE-0 TURKEY STORE extra lean ground turkey breast
- lime wedges
- 6 cube(s) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt-free Mexican or Southwest seasoning
- tortilla chips
- 1 1/4 cup(s) uncooked instant brown rice
- 1. Place a large non-stick soup pot over medium-high heat. Lightly mist the pot with spray and add the turkey, onion, and garlic. Sprinkle the Mexican seasoning over the turkey mixture, then cook the mixture, breaking the turkey into large chunks as it cooks, until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- 2. Add the rice, broth, enchilada sauce, and tomatoes.
- 3. Turn the heat to high, cover the soup and bring it to a boil. When the soup reaches a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- 4. Simmer it for 20 minutes, or until the rice is completely cooked.
- 5. Stir in the cheese sauce.
- 6. Continue cooking for an additional 20 minutes, uncovered, or until the soup begins to thicken slightly.
- 7. Stir in the black beans and continue cooking until they are just warmed through.
- 8. Divide the soup among 6 serving bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Squeeze the juice of 1 lime wedge over each bowl, then top each bowl with 1 teaspoon of the cilantro. Using your hands break 4 chips over each bowl of soup. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by judymagu and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey Enchilada Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews