Delicious; followed recipe, except for sprinkling with black olives and chopped green onion before baking.
Turkey Enchilada Casserole
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 249
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 1048mg
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano leaves or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1 can (29 oz.) red enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas (6 in. wide)
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat jack cheese (8 oz.)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, stir turkey, onion, garlic, oregano, and cumin in oil until turkey is crumbly and no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Stir in 1 cup enchilada sauce. Add salt to taste.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut tortillas in half. Arrange a fourth of the halves evenly over the bottom of a shallow 3-quart casserole, overlapping to fit. Sprinkle a fourth of the cheese evenly over the tortillas, then top with a third of the turkey mixture and a fourth of the remaining enchilada sauce, spreading each level. Repeat to make two more layers of tortillas, cheese, turkey mixture, and sauce; top with another layer of tortillas and sauce, then cheese.
- 3. Bake in a 425° regular or convection oven until cheese is melted and casserole is hot in the center, 18 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles