Uncover: 15 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 3/4 cup(s) onion
- 1/2 cup(s) green pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) celery
- 8 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 5 cup(s) Cornbread (stale)
- 5 cup(s) White Bread (stale)
- 1 pound(s) Link Sausage
- 2 eggs Beaten
- 2 cup(s) pecan pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Saute onions, green pepper and celery until soft, then remove to bowl to hold for later. Now add link sausage to same frying pan and brown until cooked. Sausage should then be chopped into small pieces. Crumble corn bread and tear white bread into small pieces and place into very large mixing bowl. Heat chicken broth in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds and then add to cornbread/bread mix. Add onion/green pepper/celery, sausage pieces, pecans, 2 beaten eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and poultry seasoning to mix. Combine all together by hand. The finished product should be moist but crumbly. If too dry add some more chicken broth to get correct consistency. Place in casserole dish(s), cover with foil and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then uncover and continue for another 15 minutes (top will brown).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DouglasWedding and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Turkey Dressing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables