Turkey Dijon with Garden Vegetables
- 2 pounds turkey tenderloins
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 6 green onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 medium-size yellow squash
- 3 medium zucchini
- 4 ears corn
- 1 1/4 cups Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup minced walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup walnut oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- Cut turkey into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut bell pepper into 1/4-inch strips; slice green onions, and mince garlic. Coarsely chop squash and zucchini; cut corn from cob.
- Combine breadcrumbs and walnuts in a shallow dish.
- Whisk together eggs and mustard. Dip turkey into egg mixture, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture; set aside.
- Saute bell pepper, green onions, and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add squash, zucchini, and corn; saute 5 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, and chives; transfer to a serving dish, and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add one-third of turkey, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain. Repeat procedure twice with remaining turkey and oil. Serve over vegetables.
- * See "From Our Kitchen" on page 158 for the recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes