This dish was wonderful as I find it difficult to find a good pork recipe. I followed the recipe exactly except for two things. All I had was pork tenderloins. I pounded them down as thin as possible, but you definitely need the filets. I prefer a thicker sauce so I added flour. It's a keeper and will be added to my rotation.
Turkey Cutlets with Roasted Peppers and Mozzarella
Because turkey cutlets (often labeled "filets") are very lean, cook at medium heat or lower to keep them moist and tender. Butter adds a rich finish to the sauce. Serve with pasta tossed with a little butter and garlic.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 32.6g
- Carbohydrate: 4.8g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Calcium: 121mg
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) turkey breast cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup dry Marsala or Madeira
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bell pepper wedges, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes; peel.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle turkey with sage, salt, and pepper. Add turkey to pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned. Top each cutlet with 1 bell pepper piece and 2 tablespoons cheese. Add Marsala and broth to pan. Cover and cook 45 seconds or until cheese melts. Remove turkey from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Bring Marsala mixture to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 1 1/2 minutes). Remove from heat; add butter, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Serve with turkey; garnish with sage leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes